So I guess you could jokingly say this is one of my lazier posts since it’ll basically be a list however I’ve had it in the back of my mind for a while as I really love trying to cheer people and myself up some days, and on really, really crappy days I can forgot about some of these lovely feelings and scenarios that make me feel alive and grateful to be where I am in that moment. If you have any you’d love to add on, do comment on my blog post or share on Twitter!
- Waking up naturally on a Sunny day and seeing the bright blue sky through your windows.
- When you’re baking or helping someone bake and you get to eat the excess icing or mix.
- Finding the perfect song or playlist to listen to on a long train/bus ride. Here’s one of mine!
- Watching ASMR or Bob Ross and the relaxing, calm feeling you get. The sound the paintbrushes make on the palette when Bob Ross is mixing paint really makes me relaxed, is that weird?
- Going to the cinema and seeing a trailer for a film you’re insanely excited for. (Lately the Suicide Squad trailer with Bohemian Rhapsody always gets me pumped up!)
- When you’re walking somewhere and a kind-looking stranger smiles at you when you make eye contact.
- When you’re walking somewhere and somebody’s dog tries to come and sniff you as they walk past. I want to be your friend too, small pupper.
- Seeing little bumblebees chill happily in a bed of pretty flowers.
- When a family member, friend or such shows you something and says ‘this reminded me of you.’
- Seeing a cute photo of a corgi butt on Instagram. Believe me.https://www.instagram.com/p/BFsJss9jVI_/?taken-by=corgibutt_official
- Getting a massive hug of someone you love when you’re crying.
- The first gulp of a really cold drink when you’re dehydrated.
- Seeing a family of ducks in a river. Especially if there is a parent/adult duck and tiny ducklings.
- Getting a 99 whippy ice cream on a summer’s day. They’re my guilty pleasure – especially with all the sprinkles, flake and raspberry syrup.
- Finally getting an essay/homework piece done and knowing you can relax.
- Walking/cycling when it’s sunset and you get to see all the beautiful colours the sky can make.
- When someone tells you randomly that you’ve made their day or you’ve been really helpful. Whenever I get a customer who says something like this to me when I’ve been working, my faith in humanity returns.
- Getting complimented randomly when out drinking. Especially going in the female toilets, you’ll get the occasional drunk girl saying they love your shoes or something and it’s the best feeling.
- Getting cosy in bed after a long day.
- When someone you care about says they’re proud of you. Even if it’s for something small like just passing an exam or even getting a high score on a video game. It makes me smile.
What things would you guys add?
Thanks for reading,